Post the model number and we can help

mrsalmon

Cadet
Re: how to tell what year my evinrude motor is

All I can find is the serail number would that help

Davem3

Chief Petty Officer

model number is better, but a dealer should be able to take the Serial number and give you more having that ...........

model number should be right above the serial number as well..............

nwcove

Admiral

mrsalmon, have a good look around the powerhead, it should have a nickel sized aluminum plug, which should have the model number and serial number stamped on it.

mrsalmon

Cadet

looked everywhere and this is all i come up with 10302e-e02549 its a 10 horse would like to replace coils points no spark in one cyl

mrsalmon

Cadet

nwcove i did just take a look and found what you described and those where the numbers on the plug

nwcove

Admiral

10302 = 1963 10 hp.

mrsalmon

Cadet

thanks should parts be easy to get ? and will i need a puller for my project

nwcove

Admiral

you will need a harmonic balancer puller to remove the flywheel, and a set of feeler guages to set the points. other than that your basic tools should do the job. dont be afraid to ask questions, and read the top secret file at the beginning of this forum!! welcome to iboats.

mrsalmon

Cadet

thanks for helping I am having a ball reading all this info on here Im sure you will be hearing alot more stupid ? from me outboards are all new to me, well working on them.

nwcove

Admiral

no such thing as a stupid question! if your not sure, asking is better than guessing. there is a wealth of knowledge in this forum. ( also have a gander at marineengine.com, the site will show you all the exploded views of your model, and part numbers etc etc)

ScotNeil

Recruit

no such thing as a stupid question! if your not sure, asking is better than guessing. there is a wealth of knowledge in this forum. ( also have a gander at marineengine.com, the site will show you all the exploded views of your model, and part numbers etc etc)

I have recently been given a Evinrude Fisherman 6HP outboard. I am trying to find out the year of manufacture, but only have the serial No C0062130 (the last digit may be a D - it is hard to tell). Can you please help?

ScotNeil

Recruit

I have sent this message out earlier, but I note that you seem to have answers on serial Numbers - I have recently been given a Evinrude Fisherman 6HP outboard. I am trying to find out the year of manufacture, but only have the serial No C0062130 (the last digit may be a D - it is hard to tell). Can you please help?