2 stroke 115 hp

timing_ca

Seaman Apprentice
what kinda fuel mileage do you get with these engines, it's pushing a 19ft grew. just thinking about buying it unfortunatly it's been sitting for a yr maybe 2, any advice would be helpful and I don't know how or who winterized it. Thanks Rob

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 2 stroke 115 hp

Mileage is measured in gallons per hour at wide open throttle. You generally don't keep it there so burn rate goes up a bit. Generally accepted measure is 10% of horsepower is gallons per hour burn rate.

timing_ca

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the reply so we're looking at 12gals/hr say running along at 4000 rpm. I don't know much about the 2 stroke with oil injection, reliable yes/no and with it sitting so long is there something I can use to clean the pump/injector? What's the max rpm on these motors 5500? Is this motor large enough for the boat? Thanks for the comeback,Rob

timing_ca

Seaman Apprentice

Haven't had a chance to get back and see the guy,'m looking into possibly buying the boat and was just wondering, I know it's a v4 if that helps any. later and thanks

wired247

Lieutenant Commander

Haven't had a chance to get back and see the guy,'m looking into possibly buying the boat and was just wondering, I know it's a v4 if that helps any. later and thanks

Not really. There are several companies and divisions within companies that have produced 115 HP 2 stroke V4's and for many years. Mercury, Johnson, Evinrude, OMC, Yamaha. Try to narrow it down a little. Garbage in garbage out kind of thing . In the OMC family there are many models of 115's and the year will make a ton of difference in fuel controls and ignition.

timing_ca

Seaman Apprentice

it's johnson 115 hp v4 2stroke 1986 I think just going by memory, I'll be stopping by there on the wk end and get a better look