Factory Carb idle screw settings for Johnson '95 115HP Oceanrunner V4 60 degrees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boater83

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I've been trying to adjust my idle screw on on this engine with no luck( Johnson J115SXEO). It originally came with 9 screws turned out from closed position. But from the manual, it recommends 2-3 or so. I adjust it to 5-6 turns from closed position just from listening to the engine. Does anyone know the correct settings it should be? If you have the settings for the mid and high settings, please let me know. Thanks all.

w2much

Lieutenant
Re: Factory Carb idle screw settings for Johnson '95 115HP Oceanrunner V4 60 degrees

Adjustable low speed,fixed intermediate and high speed. If you can not get a smooth idle from your low speed screws a carb rebuild may be in order. Check the manual for linc and sync.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Factory Carb idle screw settings for Johnson '95 115HP Oceanrunner V4 60 degrees

There is no specific low speed needle setting -- only a starting point. You adjust in 1/8 turn increments going in until engine gags tnen out until it slows again. Happiness is somewhere in between. Repeat for other carbs continually adjusting idle speed to spec. Then repeat for all carbs. By the way -- this is done in the water, not on muffs.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

X 2 above, especially having it in the water.

boater83

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Good to know thanks. Carbs were recently rebuilt over winter break.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm trying to locate my idle screws on the same outboard...can you point me in the direction?

Read the Help Tip on top of the page. This one is over 4 years old and inactive.

This post has been moved into your existing thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.