Powerhead Exchange Evinrude 150 EXEOM

w2much

Lieutenant
I am stumped as to which way to go on my engine repair. 1995 150 EXEOM. Has been a great motor buuuuuuttttttttt it lost two cylinders last time out. I have never rebuilt a big powerhead before and of course the thought of doing so is intimidating. I see rbuild kits from $1200 to $1800. My 2 cylinders are barely scored it seems to buy just 2 pistons rods bearing gaskets ect. is not all that much cheaper then a whole engine rebuild kit. I have seen powerheads rebuilt with exchange from $1900 to $3400. Has any person dealt with the Powerhead Exchange in Tampa FL. They have the best prices I have found but of course pricing isn't a judge of quality. Of course I still have to rectify to problem which caused the issue in the first place. I am OK with going to premix or a new OMS pump, rebuilding the carbs and cleaning out the cooling passages which were clogged in the heads. Anyone familiar with the above named firm in Tampa? Thanks.

dehydrated

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Powerhead Exchange Evinrude 150 EXEOM

Lucky for you one of the best omc mechanics isnt far from you at all give Al Stoker at johns custom marine a call 714 827 7920 you wont be sorry they are competitive as well as never having to worry again tell him phil from spokane sent ya

w2much

Lieutenant

Dehydrated, really appreciate your response because I too am dehydrated without my boat. I will give him a call.

dehydrated

Petty Officer 1st Class

hes the best there is end of story nice guy too! I know what you mean about having to be without your boat must be killing ya you guys at least have nice weather now i fired mine up last week then one heck of a hail storm came through and that ended my testing give al a call you wont have any regrets and if ya want a little more power he knows more tricks on port work than anybody

w2much

Lieutenant

Can not find one review on Powerhead Exchange in Tampa. Kinda sus to me. Funny you mention the nice weather here, rain all weekend with a bit of hail. Anyone else on the Powerhead Exchange in Tampa? Does Al do all work through Johns or might he freelance? Just curious a $$$$ is at issue.

dehydrated

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think you might be surprised at what his costs are compared to motor bangers from an exchange all it takes is a call hes got all the stuff if you want to check on al just check on screamandfly .com and post if anyone can give al stoker a recommendation he does stuff from all over this country your just lucky enough to have him close to ya sorry about the rain and hail i had to send it somewhere