2000 225 Johnson electrical issue

sweade74fla

Recruit
I have a 24' Wellcraft cuddy cabin and recently had to remove the 30amp,push button,breaker due to it no longer working. Instead of hooking the leads back up to another breaker I just connected the engine lead to the discharge position(basically just removing the fuse link from the circuit)on the battery switch itself,along with the main lead to the gauges,radio,pumps.etc..The breaker was also supplying power to the bilge pumps(bow/stern)and stereo memory lead.All of which are out of use since they are only the (auto)float switches and i don't use them or the stereo memory anyway.

Now,out of no where,with no explanation to me,my engine won't fire. I turn the key in the on position and the self check sounds off,then when i turn the key....nothing happens. then when i try it again nothing at all happens,no self check and the gauges go screwy.I also tried to jump the starter solenoid but the yellow and red wire didn't even have power? I am currently charging the batteries to eliminate that possibility. I don't get it, the starter solenoid has power from the battery but none from the ignition switch.I looked but didn't find anything disconnected or frayed or have reason for it to be.

Any advice would help.Like I said i am charging bats to eliminate that.Does there have to be a fuse between the engine and the battery???