Please Help FICHT or not? 2005 Evinrude 115

EHouseHead

Seaman
Hi all I am looking at a boat that has Evinrude 115 on it made in 7/05. It has next to no hours since it was repossessed shortly after the owner bought it. The model is E115FSLsds and the serial is 05120305. It is white with saltwater series decals and a decal that says direct injection if I remember correctly. In perfect condition. Please how to tell if this is a problematic ficht, and any other info on this model appreciated ASAP, thanks all!

Dj

EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

Haffiman

Commander
Re: Please Help FICHT or not? 2005 Evinrude 115

Have it run, have someone pull out the logs from the ECM.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

If it's a Ficht, stay away from it. If it's an E-Tec it should be okay.

EHouseHead

Seaman

Have it run, have someone pull out the logs from the ECM.

Ok, it runs...will having the ECM log pulled tell me if it's FICHT? Where do I have this done.... By a boat mechanic?

Haffiman

Commander

Any BRP (OMC) dealer should be able to do it. You need a lap-top/PC and the diagnostic program and connection cable. Being a Ficht does not mean it must be a total disaster, but be aware that certain parts are not available anymore and some rather expensive!! If the price is right (next to give-away) you may have a lot of fun with it, one way or the other. A 2005 - 115 is for sure a Ficht!!

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

Regardless of the much better QC and design changes made by BRP, I would avoid all Ficht's due to a terrible reputation in the marketplace. All the DI motors, (E-Tec, Optimax, etc.) have some very expensive parts, but why buy something you know you'll have trouble selling later? I would find another boat, unless this one is priced so the motor is free.

Haffiman

Commander

If the price is right - why not. Just the parts price of gearcase and power trim on the market might pay it all when/if it breaks down totally in the power head.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

seems like it wouldnt be a Ficht motor, but the next model of the similar design( an improved version !! so to speak),...the DI . I dont think they called them Fichts by that date.

bob

SparkieBoat

Captain

not only are parts pricey, but resale could also be a problem..which is probably why it is for sale at a deal now. if you can get the boat for the value without the motor then you are ok, you can just repower and sell that motor to some poor sap who needs parts.

EHouseHead

Seaman

not only are parts pricey, but resale could also be a problem..which is probably why it is for sale at a deal now. if you can get the boat for the value without the motor then you are ok, you can just repower and sell that motor to some poor sap who needs parts.

It was repossessed the same year the person bought it. It still has the 05 registration sticker on it (the only sticker on it). So the hours must be pretty low and it is in awesome shape. But I don't think it would be wise for me to buy it knowing it is a FICHT. I have found I of saying they made 115 FICHTS that year it then I have found evidence of some that aren't. Still up in the air.

EHouseHead

Seaman

It was repossessed the same year the person bought it. It still has the 05 registration sticker on it (the only sticker on it). So the hours must be pretty low and it is in awesome shape. But I don't think it would be wise for me to buy it knowing it is a FICHT. I have found I of saying they made 115 FICHTS that year it then I have found evidence of some that aren't. Still up in the air.

After much research it seems that this engine is the DI model that came out after FICHT...

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

ok we are trying to help YOU, by giving you info...be a great guy and tell US, what the boat is, and what the dealer wants($) for the package? that way WE learn a little something...........fair?

bob

i

EHouseHead

Seaman

ok we are trying to help YOU, by giving you info...be a great guy and tell US, what the boat is, and what the dealer wants($) for the package? that way WE learn a little something...........fair?

bob

i

Lol sorry guys I honestly didn't think you guys would care to know the details. I don't have all the info yet, I know it is an 05 Sundance. I don't know the model yet, it looks about 20' skiff. Has an Evinrude 115 saltwater series DI made in 7/05. It has pretty much no hours on it in excellent shape. Their finance price is $9,900 but I'm looking to trade with them my boat and Honda for their boat and 99 Yukon (finance price $7900). Don't tell them but I only paid $6500 from my friend but it is valued at about 13,500 and I paid $6,000 3 years ago for Honda. Oh ya boat comes with aluminum trailer in mint shape.... Thanks all!

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

wow thats confusing.... you are looking to trade boat, motor, trailer, AND tow vehicles??????

personally, id be leery of trading for something, id wonder why someone is so set on getting rid of one thing only to get into a very similar thing....

shouldnt the finance price be cheaper? the salesman makes money on selling loans!!!! but the dealership gets paid cash from the finance company anyway......

hmm

good luck thanks for the reply

bob

SparkieBoat

Captain

yes that is a complicated deal...I think in cash terms. If the boat has been properly stored, has no sun damage and is in like new condition ..maybe $8K unless it has some electronics or other accessories that would increase the value.. you have to keep in mind ..what you could resale this boat for..my rule is not to pay more than I could resale for. it is still a 7 year old boat and motor, and not a desirable motor type, if it were the newer e-tec, it would be worth more.

EHouseHead

Seaman

Lol sorry guys I honestly didn't think you guys would care to know the details. I don't have all the info yet, I know it is an 05 Sundance. I don't know the model yet, it looks about 20' skiff. Has an Evinrude 115 saltwater series DI made in 7/05. It has pretty much no hours on it in excellent shape. Their finance price is $9,900 but I'm looking to trade with them my boat and Honda for their boat and 99 Yukon (finance price $7900). Don't tell them but I only paid $6500 from my friend but it is valued at about 13,500 and I paid $6,000 3 years ago for Honda. Oh ya boat comes with aluminum trailer in mint shape.... Thanks all!

I found out its a 2005 Sundance F19. It's at a buy here pay here lot and they aren't really looking to make any kinda trade, they prefer someone walk in and buy it with a wad of cash however I have bought from them before and have a good rep with them and they are trying to help me out because I currently have a boat that's too big for what I use it for and no tow vehicle as someone cracked my head while I was out of town... If I walked in with $7500 cash he would sell it to me no problem they just jack the price up since they had to put the money out to buy it and them they do the in house financing yada yada. Thanks for everyone's help... I may just try n sell my boat and use the money to get a cheap tow vehicle and boat...hopefully.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

hat boat is only rated for a 60 or a 90 hp( cant remember what i read)

here is one for sale for $5K

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/l...sifieds&event=view&action=single_ad&id=335579

but even though the motor is a question mark...the motor is still worth many thousands of $!!

i be a dealer would not sell the motor alone for less than $5000!!!

the boats are basic fishing boats.....but they do have several options......

but it still seems like a great deal if the motor runs good...

bob