evinrude 7.5 fuel ratio

TRAVAS_OH

Recruit
hey there everybody this is my first post but from what i have read so far in this forum. i think this a good place to be .
i have a 53 7.5 evinrude .( found that info in this forum, thanks for the help) . im not sure of the fuel ratio and what
type of oil to use ? 30w two cycle or what . I have ran the motor with two cycle at 32:1 but im sure thats not right .
(just had some in the garage). the only thing i know about this motor is what i have read on the labels on the motor.
any info on this thing would be of great help.

nwcove

Admiral
Re: evinrude 7.5 fuel ratio

welcome to iboats! jmo, but id run it on modern 2cycle oil at 16:1, but some will say 24:1 is ok. do not use 30wt automotive oil, modern tcw3 oil is far superior.

TRAVAS_OH

Recruit

Thanks for the info. 16:1 it is . My next problem is sealing up the lower unit , it leaks slowly on the floor and looks like chocolat milk after running . looks like i have a small project on my hands!

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

Well you have to pull the powerhead to drop the gearcase, but not a real hard job. There are some pretty good youtube videos of it. Ifou need any help with it let us know.

TRAVAS_OH

Recruit

those were awsome links ! ton of info that i can use for this old beauty!