evinrude etec 50 hp 2005 tilt and trim not working

Sageman

Recruit
I have a evinrude 50 hp etec 2005 which has been laid up for about two months the tilt and trim were working fine , i left the engine in the vertical position and went to raise it yesterday and it won't move ,i am getting a continuous clicking sound from what i think is the relay when the tilt switch is pressed in either direction. i have looked for the manual release screw on the both sides of the motor but there does not seem to be one, can i raise this engine by any other way? and has the relay unit had it or could it be a bad connection , any suggestions please ?

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: evinrude etec 50 hp 2005 tilt and trim not working

Is the battery fully charged, all connections clean and tight, does the mtr turn over and start ??? The manual release valve is a slotted screw down on the port side under the t/t mtr.

Sageman

Recruit

Thanks for the info checked all the connections on the motor now , I was getting 12v on the motor,then I checked the isolating switch which I fitted about eight months ago and found that it was the culprit, I thought they were water proof but the salt must have found its way in , as for the release screw I was looking for an oblong hole , my release screw is on the bottom left of the t/t mtr as you stated , thanks again

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Glad you got it.