1986 150 johnson wiring questions

ceejkay

Cadet
hey guys ive gone through the wiring diagrams on this engine and having a hard time figuring where/ what these wires go to.. one looks to be a ground but hoping someone could help me out.. the engine runs fine. its on the back of the engine..
IMAG0280.jpg

James R

Commander
Re: 1986 150 johnson wiring questions

Blue and Green usually relate to Tilt/Trim.

ceejkay

Cadet

sorry i tried to edit the post to add more information.. in the middle of the picture there are 2 black wires that have been cut.. then on the bottom of the picture there are a black/white/green wire.. those are the wires i was referring to.. thank you for the quick reply tho...

AlTn

Commander

have you under the Sticky.. Free Wiring Diagrams Many Years and Models..at the beginning of the forum posts?

ceejkay

Cadet

Yes I did look but having a bit of troubles.. From what I can tell the black wires are are trim indicators. The other 3 wires are from trim as well.. But the trim works.. Im just figured someone with this motor could take a pic of where they go

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

The two back wires go to the trim sender by the swivel bracket. They feed the trim gauge on the dash. The Blue/green wires go the the trim motor itself. The wiring diagrams at the top of the page should have the correct diagram for your engine. Note that the engine wiring harness diagram is separate from the trim harness diagram. You should be able to determine what you have by comparing both diagrams.