Moving vacuum line from engine block to fuel pump?

DougyB

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yet another problem guys, Today I broke of the nipple on my 25 hp johnson vacuum line that enters the engine block below the carb. It looks really difficult to get out, i dont even know if its possible. I was wondering if i should go through the hassle to remove the little bastard, or.....since i have to rebuild the fuel pump anyways....

There is an aftermarket fuel pump I can get for only $35.00, completely rebuilt, that replaces my current part number, that runs the vaccuum hose from the carb to the fuel pump instead of from the carb to the engine block. It says this pump is for converting from VRO to manual mix, which I already do ( I didnt even know my engine had VRO, if it even does) but anyways it is the same size, and fits the mounting bolts. Im guessing I would just have to cap the engine block nipple off? Is this a safe option. Part # 0433386, I just am leary because I know how johnson used the same fuel filters from 25 to 75 hp, so obviously the vacuum lines might have different placements etc.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Moving vacuum line from engine block to fuel pump?

Got a model # ??