Off Topic Slightly (Daselbee?)

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
A valued member I haven't seen on the board since (I beleive) August of 2011... "Daselbee".

Anyone know what might have happened to him?

AlTn

Commander
Re: Off Topic Slightly (Daselbee?)

Joe...he posted this morning on a 1987 200 hp. water pump install thread

AlTn

Commander

along the same lines....what became of Ezeke?

clanton

Rear Admiral

Joe,

Daselbee still here, we talked on the phone about 3 days ago.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

along the same lines....what became of Ezeke?

I was wondering about a few members that have been daily posters for years as well, Ezeke, JTexas and IWombat to name 3

daselbee

Commander

Whata ya say Joe? I am here. Just a bit more quiet than usual.

Hey, what ever happened to BKtheKing? he was up in Canada as I remember.

Joe, you seem to me to have a bit more of a kick in your step, if you know what I mean. Things going OK I bet...I hope...

One of these days when I get to Tampa, I will call you for lunch.....that is a threat.:D

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Along these same lines, what ever happened to Rod Bolt ?

ultra353

Petty Officer 1st Class

I was wondering what happened to Ezeke too, our resident 9.5 expert.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Yea, I wonder about bktheking as well and yes, he is up in Canada. If I'm not mistaken, he takes time off away from here and does more family stuff. He'll be back, I'm sure.

There is also faztbullet too.:cool:

AlTn

Commander

fazt's business is probably taking up his time now as it's been almost spring-like the last few days

bktheking

Vice Admiral

I hibernate in the winter gents , I logged tonight to see what was new and to report back on some stuff. I'm in the middle of finishing off my kg7h build. I'm waiting to hear back from Ron Thomas about the lower unit I shipped to him in the fall. I also picked up a B hydro I plan on running it on.

image1mbb.jpg

img2011090400122.jpg

Story about the motor- came up on craigslist last year, got a lead from john's old merc site. Turns out this guy was helping a buddy clear out the shed, so his buddy gave him a couple motors for helping him. Next day he posts the motor up on CL for $100. I was the first to call and we firmed up on the price. Next day he phones me back and tells me he's gotten 40 calls since me and the price is now $300. I didn't care, I paid the price and had it shipped her from florida. It had blown pistons which i've since and the wrong tank band ID plate which is now a proper kg7h nameplate, that wasn't cheap to find. Here's the motor when I got it.

p6120095.jpg

Other than that had a really busy summer that didn't involve boating. We sold our house in CP and moved to a single family home on the other side of the mississippi, we are still in carleton place and loving it. The boat is now in it's own portable garage behind our house. I plan on showing up more in the coming weeks, the winter really screws things up, you know, ice fishing and snowmobiling.

Thanks for thinking about me!!!!

I kind of got out of the hobby a bit near the end of the summer. My last few posts were trying to solve a full throttle issue on an 85hp merc. The guy I was fixing it for was a former "customer" if you will of mine. Well I ended up spending $250 of my own money on a stater to fix his boat, the guy ended up high tailing it when I told him to take the boat to my buddy's shop for him to have a look at it. I was supposed to go back and swap stators, well that never happened and I lost $250 on the job so I vowed never again to fix a strangers motor. The stator didn't fix the issue so instead of having it fixed by Aim here in Ottawa the guy posted the motor as a "working motor" on kijiji the next week and probably sold it to some kid for $800, the guy was a real crook.