1982 Evinrude 75hp Tilt / Trim Wiring HELP

michelob

Recruit
Im trying to hook up my tilt/trim wiring on my 1982 75hp Evinrude motor. When i got the boat and motor the tilt and trim was not hooked up and Im just now getting around to working on the boat. Just installed new controls and cables and trying to figure out how to wire this up.

The new controls have 3 wires coming out (brown, green, and white) The motor has 2 sets of wires coming out of it and then I have the little box with wires and solenoids. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

trim diagram.jpgIMG_3180.jpgIMG_3182.jpgIMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3187.jpg

will62

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1982 Evinrude 75hp Tilt / Trim Wiring HELP

Trim switch wires:
Brown - to red wire direct to battery (or to solenoid) with fuse. You may can get by with a 30 amp fuse, but check the max current draw on your motor (tilt full up to stall).
Green - to green/white wire on relay (left relay in pic)
Blue - to blue/white wire on other relay

Trim motor wires:
Green - to green wire on relay
Blue - to blue wire on other relay

The 2 other wires coming from the trim motor are your trim position sending wires. If you don't have a trim gauge, you can just wrap those up. If you do have a gauge, let me know and I'll try to help you out there.

Note: You can see the ground wires (black) in the box that come from each relay. You need a ground wire from the battery to connect those 2 to ground. The brown wires coming out of the relays need 12v. I can't tell if the red wire next to them has a jumper that supplies them.

michelob

Recruit

Ok thanks a bunch. I wont be able to work on it until this weekend so I will let you know if I have any questions when doing it.

Thanks
Michael

will62

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No problem. Take a look at the routing of those red wires in the box. Looks like there might be a jumper from those to the brown relay wires.

michelob

Recruit

No problem. Take a look at the routing of those red wires in the box. Looks like there might be a jumper from those to the brown relay wires.

ok I will look at it closer when I get back in town Friday

michelob

Recruit

Got it all hooked up this weekend with no problems. I appreciate all the help.
Thanks
Michael