Weird warning horns

Dumbass

Cadet
'89 J60ELC. VRO bypassed for 4-5 years. Motor idles great. Runs great up to 3500-4000 RPM. Increasing throttle results in 3 beep/ 2 beep alarms. I have replaced the main canister fuel filter, in-line fuel filter and replaced cap on the oil inlet fitting. Checked all of the fuel line fittings (replaced all fuel line T-fittings and elbow fittings last year). I'm thinking fuel pump needs rebuild or replace. Any feed back would be appreciated.

phototom1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Weird warning horns

Could it be the overheat warning maybe the water pump is not working right or worn out. I believe my 1991 40 hp has a series of beeps when the overheating is going on and a steady beep when the oiler is acting up.
Tom H

NoEcm

Petty Officer 3rd Class

This is a copy of the Decal that you can buy from OMC:

335707 Warning Label.jpg

I have a laminated copy on the boat close to the throttle controls.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

When you bypassed the vro oiling system, did you disconnect ALL the alarm wires from the system ? If it's not overheating you could also have a horn going bad or high voltage in the charging system of the mtr.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

If the VRO oil tank is still in the boat, disconnect the wires from it at the motor. The oil level sensor can give wierd signals at times if it gets flakey.