30hp Johnson Fuel Primer Hoses ? routing? Pls help

ghutch

Recruit
Does anyone know the routing on the hoses coming off the Fuel Priming selinoid? I took mine off and now I'am lost as to where these hoses routed to what?? Stupid me i took pictures but did not get deatails on the hoses and routing.:(
This primer has one larger going ?? and a smaller one goes to a "T" fitting with one each to both sides of the engine? A complete hose routing would be great! Thanks for any info or pictures....1985 30 hp electric start johnson

carb bowl drain hose goes to ??

ghutch

Recruit
Re: 30hp Johnson Fuel Primer Hoses ? routing? Pls help

Does the johnson service manual show these routings?? the hoses coming off the red lever primer seliniod attached to the carb are the routing i need. can't find any online diagrams......just wonder before i spend the bucks on a johnson service manual if these info is inside the book? :confused::confused:

ghutch

Recruit
Re: 30hp Johnson Fuel Primer Hoses ? routing? Pls help

OK maybe i got these back right???? starting at the fuel pump inlet.....
1. inbound fuel line comes into the fuel pump from the squease bulb connector on port side of engine via a 3/8 line to the pump inlet
2. fuel line leaves at the bottom of fuel pump about 1 inch and connects to a "L" fitting, this "L" fitting reduces to 3/16 line and runs around the engine to the left side(port)
3. on the left side(port) this line connects to a "T" fitting....one side of this "T" goes to the bottom of the carb bowel(inlet to carb)....the other line goes to the electric primer

Hose starting at the Primer
1. small hose starts at a fitting above and behind the fuel pump, on the side of the cylinder and goes to primer.
2. small hose starts at the primer goes to a "T" fitting...one of these lines goes to a small nipple fitting at the top of the carb. the second line off this "T" goes to a small nipple fitting below the carb into the manifold.

Anyone know if this is right??????
it appears the fuel is pumped due to a port into the cylinder?? behind the fuel pump? looks as the pump may be a activated via compression or exhaust pulse that a diaphram inside the fuel pump?? IS THIS CORRECT?
looking at the hose routings ?....when the primer piston surges it pumps fuel into the smaller hose dumping fuel into the top and bottom of the intake manifold via two small hoses. one above and one below the carb
:confused::confused::confused: