Piston Identification

keefallan

Petty Officer 1st Class
I tore down a small bore crossflow motor. I needed the crank and rods for my 235 motor that I'm building. I pulled the pistons off. They are in really good shape(5 of 6). One was bad because of water intrusion. I am trying to find a manufacturer of these pistons. I know they are .030 over. Here's the #'s off the crown of the piston: KD 3013 PE .030

I've done a couple of searches. I know they aren't a sierra or evinrude piston. But that's about it.

jmendoza

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Piston Identification

Many OMC engines used Wiseco pistons. Look for the stylized "W" surrounded by an oval border cast into the inside of the piston skirt.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Here's the #'s off the crown of the piston: KD 3013 PE .030
That is a aftermarket Wiseco piston, OMC engines never came from factory with Wiseco pistons installed. Measure your cylinder bores around transfer ports to see if still in spec....

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Yes, those are very old Wisecos. The 3013 series changed to the 3073 series then to 3173.

keefallan

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks guys for all the information. I've been away. That's why it's taken so long to thank you guys. If I wanted to replace that bad piston with a newer 3173, any problems with mismatching to make a complete set?