Water Pressure Gauge Installation

River Rider

Seaman Apprentice
I have seen many posts on this but none with the same style motor I have. I have a 3 cylinder 70 horse evinrude I would like to install a water pressure gauge on. The kit I got from teleflex is very vaugue to say the least so I was hping someone on here could help. On the teleflex install it looks as if I only tee off of the pee tell tell hose. Is this correct? The kit comes with lots of fittings for various installs on different brand motors I just wanted to make sure that this is the best install or should I try to tie into another spot. I appreciate any help.

DargelJohn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Water Pressure Gauge Installation

Yes, Tee off of the tell tail hose.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

On some motors this works fine -- on others it doesn't. On yours it will be fine. Why not replace the water pump impeller at the same time. Then record the WOT, mid range and idle water pressure readings. Any deviation down the line indicates the water pump needs attention.

River Rider

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks guys. I knew I could get a quick answer from yall. Silvertip I will go ahead and change out the impeller as well. That is a good idea with keeping on top of the water pump. Thanks again.