red connector...kill switch

mcmike

Cadet
i have a 25r71s with elec start. it was a romote that i have made a tiller. i have installed a start switch and will be installing a kill. For now i want to do a compression
test. can i ( for now ) take the two igintion leads at the connecor and wire them together ( to kill the spark ) Also for the kill, same question and what kind of switch should i use as in opened or closed. Where can i get one. below is my WEAK attempt of the connector as you look at the front of the motor
as always any help is welcome
mcmike

o choke here and center below.......this should be lower in the pic....but hey

igintion -->0 o 0 <--- igintion
O O power and ground

mcmike

Cadet
Re: red connector...kill switch

mcmike here forget the littles O's above post is not WYSIWYG sorry all

lindy46

Captain

Sure, just connect the two kill wires and crank away for your compression test. For a kill switch, just get a normally open pushbutton - they have ones with rubber covers to protect it from the elements. I get mine at a tractor/farm store.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Kill switches are available right here on IBoats. You need a switch that is OPEN for normal operation (lanyard clip in place) and CLOSED when the lanyard is pulled (engine kills).

kfa4303

Banned

Here's a pic of one I put on my old '61 10 hp. I just put it where the old, factory kill switch was installed.

0905111231-00.jpg