HELP!!1952 Evinrude tiller bracket

gfinch1050

Cadet
I have just recently picked up a 1952 Evinrude 7.5 fleetwin mod-4447. It?s almost complete. It?s missing the tiller handle and bracket. Anyone know where I can find one of these babies?s? I can find them for a 54-57 all day long. If you know the part # of what I am looking for please let me know, that may help in my search . THANKS!!!

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: HELP!!1952 Evinrude tiller bracket

I know a place that has a pile of tillers--Budget Boats in Chesapeake, Va; they are on line.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

So, you're looking for 202767 in this diagram? They were a weak point - not very substantial casting. I just picked up a '52 myself with that bracket broken and the tiller missing.

Attachments

• 52FleetwinE.jpg
    52FleetwinE.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 0

gfinch1050

Cadet

Thanks Chinewalker. After a little more searching i was informed that the part # had been updated to 278302. Have'nt found one yet. Also thanks for the thumbnail if you have any more of that motor send them my way. Thanks again!!

gfinch1050

Cadet

Thanks Chinewalker,,, My email address is gfinch1050@classicnet.net

I?m going to try and get this 52 going. I only paid 20 bucks for it. I kindly wish I had run across a 54 or higher. It looks like parts are easy to find parts for those models! I work at a place that has a machine shop., so i think that impeller wont be any problem. Thanks for the parts list and good luck with your 52!!!

gfinch1050

Cadet

Well It's alive!!!! Clean and set the points, coils look good. set the plug gaps. Have good fire. Oh boy!!! I hooked the carb up to a gas line from another outboard i have and shot some fuel to it. after a little pulling it came to life. sound like the rods were brock. So i put oil in both ends in the carb and plugs. it started a little and smoked like a train. I had to work 12's the past week so it set. Started it up this morning and the knocking was gone. I mess with the low speed needle a little and got her to run. Gas tank was really bad, cleaned it out . Cleaned the fuel filter that go's in the bottom of the tank, then i cleaned it again and again. mixed up a good 24:1 fuel mix, put it in and she fired up.run good sounded go. I guess i did not need that powerhead i got of ebay.. oh well. i run it about 20 mins and it stoped pumping water. got a impeller of ebay too.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

16:1 is actually better for that old gem, especially for one that hasn't ran for years. Luckily, ignition parts for your model year are available everywhere. Twenty bucks is a good deal.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Agreed, all Fleetwins, 1950-1958 are supposed to get 16:1.