63 3hp evinrude tank filter???

mettyfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Suspected my carb is not getting enough gas. Pulled the pet **** and looks like a fuel filter is still stuck up into the tank. Does it come out? How do you go about getting it out? This might be my last problem then onto great running motor. Thanks, Mettyfish

raczekp1

Lieutenant
Re: 63 3hp evinrude tank filter???

or the problem can ocure if compresion is to low to manage suck fuel from the carb.
to check this is to conect carb directly to fuel suply from botle and gravity flow will fil the carb bowl

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, they corrode into the tank opening. Use a suitable whatever to knock it up into the tank. You can fish it out through the filler. Clean the crud out of the hole before putting in a new one.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

I don't think that compression will have any bearing on the fuel flow through the carb, simply because fuel is drawn into the carb, when the piston is going away from the carb, on the compression stroke.

On these models, from what I have seen so far, is you remove the whole petcock assembly from the fuel tank and the fuel filter is attached to the top of it. A lot of them will corrode over time and break apart. You may likely find a new one at Sea-Way Marine, or any of the other salvage yards posted in the top secret file.
If you look at items 14 and 15 on the attachment, you'll see the whole assembly.

Attachments

• 27844200002im.jpg
    27844200002im.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0