73, 25hp evinrude, skipping?

BamaBoy77

Recruit
My 25 has been running a lil rough, bought it a year ago and replaced alot of old wires, cleaned the carb and adjusted throttle linkage, trying to get air mix screw adjusted just right. Any sdvice? The old motor doesn,t run too bad i just want to get the most out of it. Love the old Evinrudes!

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: 73, 25hp evinrude, skipping?

If the coils haven't been replaced they may be overdue.These are the weak point of of these motors.Is it idling rough or just running rough.Be sure the carb roller is picking up at the right spot on the armature plate cam.

Havin'Fun!!

Recruit

I also have a 73 evinrude 25hp, but I can't get ti to fire. New coils, fuel is going into carb, new plugs, just keep pulling and nothing. Any ideas?

BamaBoy77

Recruit

It runs out pretty good, although the boat its on is a bit heavy but i,m not after speed. It just seems kinda sputtery when at low speeds. I,ve been tinkering all day with it and its getting better. I think your right, maybe new coils and plugs would do the trick. You mentioned the armature plate and roller, how do i tell if its picking up correctly?