Carb rebuild ...... new nozzle gasket split like the original. 30hp rude 1990 metal

ukmember

Seaman
Hi all,

Me from across the "pond" again.

Just rebuilding my spare powerhead and refurbing my carb, now on separation and splitting of carb, I noticed the nozzle gasket was crushed, is this correct .........

After installing the new one I thought i would check and sure as eggs is eggs the new had split, now is this due to it being correctly torqued and it splitting to form a seal or should i install 2 carb bowl gaskets to eliminate this.

At ?25 per carb kit ould get expensive ......

Kind Regards

Uk member

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: Carb rebuild ...... new nozzle gasket split like the original. 30hp rude 1990 met

You are talking about #20 below, correct.
Check the height of the contact area by turning the bowl upside down and using a flat surface and a piece of sandpaper. Move the bowl in a figure eight pattern and sand the bowl until the contact surface of the nozzel gasket and the bowl are the same height. Make sure you blow all the dust out of the bowl when you are done.
http://www.ishopmarine.com/ishop/js...CatFilter=BRP&eCatSupFldr=supplier-100-005-EJ

ukmember

Seaman
Re: Carb rebuild ...... new nozzle gasket split like the original. 30hp rude 1990 met

Yep that is the one,

Thanks for the tip will try it tommorow it is exactly the same thickness as a bowl gasket as I have fitted a second one and it is spot on, use my didgtal caliper set.

Many Thanks

UIA