Update on my 56 Johnson cd-13 restoration

Gwichers

Cadet
I was asked to keep everyone updated. Im at the timeing stage now, but here are some old and new pics. I went for a custom look (paint color) instead of original. I dont plan on ever selling it so why not make it custom to what i want.sgdhgsh.jpgzcgng.jpghjkf.jpgdcgh.jpgsdgh.jpg I dont think i will have it done before the snow flys. I still have decals and alot of other misc. stuff to order and install. So im just takeing my time and makeing it perfect. Cant wait to have her done and in the water!:D

BonairII

Commander
Re: Update on my 56 Johnson cd-13 restoration

Wow! Looks great. It's too pretty to get wet :D

Gwichers

Cadet

Thanks. I'll have more pics later. Paint on alot of parts are still cureing.

Steve A W

Petty Officer 1st Class

I really like that color!
Where did You find it?
Good Luck with Your motor, Can't wait to see the final product!
Steve A W

Gwichers

Cadet

Thanks. Found the paint at Carquest's paint store. It's cobalt blue metallic. Cant realy tell it's metallic in the pics but it is. Im getting realy close to finishing it.:eek:View attachment 114097View attachment 114098 Been working on it alot in the last few days and starting to think i will have it done alot sooner than expected. Rebuilding the carb tomorrow and then on to completeing the fuel conversion. Still need to order cowl bumbers and decals but thats not going to stop me from running it.:D

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Beautiful job on the restoration, but I must ask. Why did you paint it as an Evinrude Fisherman, vs. a Johnson CD? I have one of each myself, which I plan to restore in the future.

freddyray21

Commander

I too like the cobalt blue metallic and have used in on a couple of motors. It is not gas proof and will require a clear coat to be so. be careful what clear coat you use as all are not compatible with all paints.

Mas

Lieutenant Commander

Looks really great! You could always find an evinrude hood and call it a fisherman too! Or, get a Evinrude Fisherman and paint it "Holiday Bronze" to get people really confused as they sit side-by-side.

Mas

jmendoza

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, now you have a Johnny-Rude dude! That is an Evinrude color. Go buy some Evinrude decals and you will be all set.

These little 5.5hp engines are great for a small 12 foot car topper, and putting around the lake, mine will plane the boat with one person at 7000 feet. Good for trolling too, they have a tick over idle.

Gwichers

Cadet

Its already been clear coated it. Thats why its so shiny and not as metallic looking. That should all change once it's in the sun. For all the comments on why i picked blue instead of red. Restoration projects are fun for me weather if it's a car, boat, outboard or whatever. Like i said in the beginning of the thread. I went for a custom look and dont ever plan on selling it. If i bought or restored an old chevy. I wouldnt care what color it is, just as long as it looks as good as it runs . Thanks for all the comments. Here are the latest pics.dfhb.jpgfjh.jpggfhsyj.jpg

Gwichers

Cadet

I bought this fuel pump from the local outboard shop along with the single line connector. I was wondering if it is going to work on my 5.5?View attachment 114207 The guys there at the shop said they didnt think the Mukumi fuel pump would do the job. I was told in previous thread that i posted that it would. Obviously the guys at the outboard shop dont know enough as the freindly people at iboats. So please tell me please if my engine will produce enough pluse to make this work or not.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Oh yea the Mikuni will do great on that little motor.