Evinrude 115 Ocean Pro Model # ?

retiredfornow

Petty Officer 1st Class
My buddy has the 115, but the sticker is gone that tells what the model and serial numbers are. He thinks it's a 1995, but not sure. Is the model number marked somewhere else on the motor? My 60 has a plug on top that has the model # on it, wonder if the 115 has it somewhere also.
The problem is, the crummy manual he has says the carb needles are turned out either 3 turns or 5 3/4 turns, depending on the year. It splits at 95 - 96 for the two different settings, if I remember right.

retiredfornow

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Evinrude 115 Ocean Pro Model # ?

The guy called the previous owner, and was told that he bought it new in '97, so the needles go out 5 3/4 turns initial. There's a plastic cover over the flywheel, held on with a dozen bolts and timing linkage. I bet the model number is under there somewheres. Got it going for him, anyway.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: Evinrude 115 Ocean Pro Model # ?

I have the 97 manual here in front of me now at my work...the initial SLOW SPEED needle is set at 5-3/4 turns for the 90 and 115 hp models.
if his motor was a 96 the model number would be: E115S(L=for 20" and X=25" gearcase)EDR

if he has a 95 is would read E115SL(or X)EOC

if he has the 97 it would read E115SL(or X)EUA(or C) dont know why the they have two different models with the last letter different in the same year

the last letter usually isnt important usually and is a manufactuierers reference for soemthing I am not clear on!! ha ha ha

so the first letter is for the make E=evinrude j=johnsopn, then the HP rating(115) then the style of motor S=special ( in these years that was the ocean pro like) and the next two letters tell us the year it was made by a code (INTRODUCES, which asigns a number in order to each letter 1234567890) and then last letter which is not well known what it means

you can tell if you have a 95 or a latter model by if it has a big red plug for the wireing harness connection to the controls...from 96 and latter, they have pigtails and individual plugs for each wiring circuit..

good luck

bob