Lightwin Throttle Linkage

Mcflyfisher

Cadet
I have a 1950's 3hp lightwin. The motor runs, but needs a carb kit. I will be picking one up at NAPA after the holiday. The problem is that in order to take the carb off I had to remove the throttle linkage, and manged to break it. Is this something I can get from my local JohnyRude dealer, or am going to have to do an E-bay hunt? Anybody have a part number for this piece?

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral
Re: Lightwin Throttle Linkage

Which piece is broken?
View attachment 111929

37780400008im.jpg

Last edited:

Mcflyfisher

Cadet

I can't see your attachment. I will try to describe, but I am a nurse not a marine mechanic, so have patience. I broke the brass piece that clamps to the rod that does not go to the throttle butterfly. The one closest to the engine block. BTW, this forum is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Thanks for all the information I have already gleaned.

Mcflyfisher

Cadet

Thanks that is very helpful. Now I know the part number is 376726. What I don't know is where I can get one. Any ideas?

Mcflyfisher

Cadet

Thanks a lot. Is there anything else I should order to have on hand? I only ask because the shipping is $10 on a $14 part.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Order a water pump impeller also. They also sell the carb kit with the float included, which NAPA won't have