1972 100hp evinrude wiring diagram

La tech

Cadet
Does anyone have wiring diagram for 100 hp 1972 evinrude with electric shift. This motor fires sometimes and sometimes it don't. Any sugestions?

La tech

Cadet
Re: 1972 100hp evinrude wiring diagram

I quess I should have said sometime spark sometime no spark. Just to be sure I have checked with spark tester. I have disconected saftey kill wire from motor but still unit will spark sometimes and sometimes not.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

Go to the CDI website and see if they have a troubleshooting procedure for your engine, follow it and see if it helps you out.

La tech

Cadet

Not sure what you meant by CDI website but I found a website seloconline.com for what I think is fair price you can access wiring diagrams and other trouble shooting tips. Thanks for help though

patgreen

Recruit
I just bought a 1972 100 hp evenrude and I had spark yesterday and now I am trying to start it today and there is no spark. It is cranking and turning over well, but there is no spark. What do you suggest? I hear the pulse pack making noise. I don't know if that is normal. It looks like it may have been replaced. How do check the ignition components?

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
You will find a wiring diagram for the 100/125 engines from 1972 hidden in the first thread at the top of this forum. Called the "top secret" files. That CDI website has some excellent ignition troubleshooting information. You will need some troubleshooting skills, a factory service manual and the correct type of voltmeter to correctly analyze the ignition system.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Three year old thread. Start a new one and I'll post the wiring diagram.

Last edited: