wiring diagram

stripper123

Cadet
looking for the diagram that shows which are the ones for the trim motor..the motor is a 09/2000 e150fpxsif..everything i have read on here says there are 2 relays and i have 4 in my power distribution panel assembly

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: wiring diagram

I was unable to find that model in the parts listing. The PTT relays will have blue/white or green/white wiring, coming from the PTT switches. You might find them that way. Maybe the other two relays are for the starter and elec choke?

daselbee

Commander

Thats a Ficht. There will be more relays than the older motors. The main power wires to the TT motor are very heavy gauge, probably #10 or #12, and will be solid blue and solid green. As Chris1956 says, the control wires from the switches will be striped, and much smaller in gauge.

fmalott

Chief Petty Officer

i found your model number it does not show a diagram but it shows you an exploded picture of all the parts to electrical system go to www.marineengine.com and look up your model it's under 2001

stripper123

Cadet

i got 4 new relays put them in..can hear them clicking when i hit the button but no power is getting to the trim motor and if i unplug the trim motor and hit it with 2 wires straight from the battery it goes up and down no problem...so is it possible that something could be wrong in the sealed power distribution assembly..

daselbee

Commander

Go to shop.evinrude.com, drill down into the diagrams for your motor, and go to the motor cable assembly.

Some items here to check...you have a main relay item #66. It that working? I am assuming the engine still runs, if so, the main relay is working. You also have a 20 amp fuse item #72 on the drawing...is that blown?

stripper123

Cadet

yes i have checked that fuse..and everything else works just fine..i have 12volts going into the panel and none comming out to the up side prong when i hit the trim switch..and 12volts to the down side..

daselbee

Commander

Well, I have looked at the manual for a 2003 V6. I see the EDP, and how it is wired externally.
I will try to describe it, cannot put up a pic tho.

On the EDP, you have your four relays. Looking directly at the EDP, with the TT wire harness/connector in the upper right corner, and the other multi connectors vertically along the left side, the two TT relays are located directly below the TT wiring harness connector/plug.
The upper one is for UP and the lower one is for DOWN. The other two relays are not involved.

Pulling a relay, you will see the contacts, that you should be able to probe. Here is a map of the contacts, best I can do...

------D------
---A-B----C--
_____U______

A= +12V (oriented vertically)
B= GND (oriented vertically)
C= the blue or green feed out to the TT motor (connector) (oriented horizontally)
D= the control (pick) wire for the relay. (oriented horizontally)

The "U" is unknown...it shows something there, but it shows a dotted line connecting the "U" terms on both relays. Not sure exactly what the "U" terminal would be, or even if it is there...

So, check as best you can for +12v on terminal A, both relays, good ground on term B, continuity from term C out to the connector, etc.

The +12v is supplied directly from the starter solenoid hot side, no fuse inline.
I can find no obvious fuse interrupting the TT wiring.

Hope this helps.

daselbee

Commander

ALSO...

The four pin plug on the lower left side, oriented vertically, is the source of voltage and ground for the TT system only.

Top terminal A = Line to big blue capacitor for filtering. white/red
Next down B = 12v out to the TT control switches on a red/blue wire
Third down C = GND BLK
Fourth down D = +12 V coming from starter solenoid. RED

It looks like the two "U" terminals mentioned in my post above are connected. Continuity between those two terms.

stripper123

Cadet

ok tested all that..it is good then when i plug it in the only thing that is not getting power is one of the post that goes out to the tt motor..is it possible that one of the wire is broke in the sealed unit..

daselbee

Commander

Ok, so you would put your ohmmeter on continuity test mode, probe the "blue" side of the outgoing connector, and probe the terminal "C" from my post #8, and look for continuity. If none, the circuit is open.

Same for the green pin on the outgoing connector...probe the terminal "C" on the lower relay. You should have continuity.

If not you have an open in that EDP I am afraid.

No power on circuits while using the ohmmeter.

And, I think you know how it works, but I will repeat...if you power the blue wire with 12v (batt pos) and put the green wire on ground (batt neg), the motor will go UP.

Reverse the polarity, and the motor will go DOWN.

stripper123

Cadet

i can hit the blue and green wire from the battery at the trim works just fine..think i got it down to the plug part on the power distribution panel..thanks for the help..