1995 Evinrude Intruder 150 wont start

VEGA78

Cadet
I have a 1995 Evinrude Intruder 150 HP that wont start. Yesterday on the water, it started and ran at low speeds but as soon as I put the throttle
down even a little it would die. It started smoking at the end of the trip before I took it out last night. It should be noted I just bought this boat and the previous owner hadnt run it since April.

Today i put it in the water and it wouldnt turn over. I replaced the spark plugs and noticed that a black tube was disconnected from the top of the carb coming from the front of the motor. I reconnected it to the carb on the left side of the motor (if looking at it from the boat). I tried starting it again and it wouldnt turn over. The oil tank is full and I notice fuel spraying into the carbs. I dont think the motor would have seized up because there is plenty of oil in the tank. Both oil ball and fuel ball squeezes and is hard so it is not a fuel pressure issue. I believe the battery is fine. Any suggestions before I take it to a mechanic?

Thanks,

Adam

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1995 Evinrude Intruder 150 wont start

Remove the spark plugs and see if it will spin over. Can you rotate the flywheel by hand?

VEGA78

Cadet

photo (6).jpg

Took out spark plugs and rotated the flywheel with a crescent wrench. It is not seized up apparently.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

Will it spin over with the starter with the plugs out?

VEGA78

Cadet

Yes it will spin without the spark plugs in it

VEGA78

Cadet

I also noticed oil coming out of the bottom of the motor when I put the boat away. Does that have anything to do with it? I noticed plenty of fuel coming out of the carbs so its definitely not a fuel line problem or leak. How do you check if there is no spark?