1994 johnson 115 fuel problem

d6zombie420

Recruit
hey there, i have a 1994 johnson 115 vro just picked up from a family member, been sitting for about 8 years, he had the motor and boat tuned up and ready for storage (knew he wouldn't be using it for a while)...anyways i drained all the rest of the gas out of it, replaced water pump, and tried to fire her up.....cranked over with no starting....took the fuel filter out (one right before vro pump) and there was quite a bit of oil, but no gas....same with the carb bowls....no fuel, but plenty of oil....any help would be greatly appreciated

petryshyn

Commander
Re: 1994 johnson 115 fuel problem

if you crank that system without fuel in the bowls, the pump will add more oil than needed while it attempts to fill the system. Drain the carbs again and prime system with squeeze ball until firm. Then crank......

after sitting that long i would say to take the carbs off and do a serious cleaning

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

I agree with BassHunter0123, if the carbs weren't drained before storage, you will need to do some serious cleaning.

d6zombie420

Recruit

motor was set up for storage at the marina, carbs were cleaned, motor fogged....seems like vro pump is just pumping oil, and not getting gas to the carbs...spark plugs not getting anything to fire on....have motor set up on small 5 gallon tank with fresh gas...running out of summer!!!

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

You will fill the fuel system with oil when you disconnect the fuel line to a running VRO engine to let it run out of gas-just prior to long-term storage. The fuel runs out, but the oil pump just keeps on going.