1975 Evinrude 70 hp Cam follower

motoman

Seaman
I read on other post about the cam follower not touching throttle plate . I am not sure sure how to determine the gap because I thought that it is supposed to touch . Is this correct ? What is the cause of it touching or not . I can't find in service manual where it states to put a gap or the measurement of the gap .

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1975 Evinrude 70 hp Cam follower

Are you talking about the throttle cam and the roller on the throttle linkage? There is no gap measurement, the roller is supposed to contact the throttle cam at the mark on the throttle cam, as the throttle is advanced. The roller will not normally be in contact with the throttle cam at an idle, it synks the throttle with the timing when you accerlate the engine.

motoman

Seaman

That's the roller cam that I am talking about . Mine stays in contact all the time . So it really needs to redo the sync on it to preform properly? The only is hard to start after it gets warm like it s flooded . I have also noticed a very slight drop in WOT rpm's . This can be attrbuted to being out of time ?

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

If the linkage is out of adjustment it can cause many problems. I would get that part set and then if you still have problems take them on one at a time.

rude1

Cadet

yes, you probably need to check sync n link. There should be a mark on the cam that should line up w/ the center of the roller cam. You should be able to put a piece of paper between them. Make sure the pins on the side of the carb(which are in line w/ the butterflies inside the carb) do not go too far at wot, they should be level

motoman

Seaman

Thanks Guys ,I am going to get that checked out this week,let you know how that works out .