'79 Evenrude 200 not getting fuel

Raystownboater

Chief Petty Officer
After backing the trailer into the water, I primed the bulb several times and the boat started. Ran down the lake and fished for a couple hours. Went to start the boat to head back to the dock and it wouldnt start. It cranked and cranked but wouldnt start. I tried priming the bulb again but that didnt work. Now, since I'm fairly new to the outboard scene, its my understanding that the bulb should eventually get firm after several squeezes. This isnt the case with mine. I can hear the fuel being forced through but it never "firms" up. I thought maybe there was an air leak in the line but if you unhook the fuel line from the engine, the bulb gets firm. Any ideas?

Also, after using the kicker to get back to the dock, I tried again to start the engine and it did fire right up and ran fine to get me on the trailer. Not sure if this is a coincidence but it didnt start until I put the engine in the full "up" position and the bulb still did not get firm.

Raystownboater

Chief Petty Officer
Re: '79 Evenrude 200 not getting fuel

After reading other posts on this subject, I'm thinking maybe its getting too much fuel instead of not enough and I may be flooding it. Guess I'm heading out to look at the carbs. If there are any links to service manuals for a 79 evinrude 200hp, i'd love to get my hands on one.

Capt_noob

Recruit

check for a clog in the gas tank, the sock clogs up every few years. the carbs where just serviced, and rebuilt. with a sync and link. I would not mess with them. unless you have all the tools. they are very touchy.

Raystownboater

Chief Petty Officer

check for a clog in the gas tank, the sock clogs up every few years. the carbs where just serviced, and rebuilt. with a sync and link. I would not mess with them. unless you have all the tools. they are very touchy.

Thanks bro! I was gonna send you an email to see if that ever happened to you.