Evinrude 33hp skitwin Wiring Problems

Evinrudeskitwin

Recruit
Re: Evinrude 33hp skitwin Wiring Problems

The thing is that diagram has a starter switch, and it's hard to tell which wires are the wires in the real motor

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

Use the diagram as reference as to where the wires start and end. To start without a switch all you have to do is touch the battery wire and the wire to the solenoid and the engine will spin over. If it does start the only way to shut it down without a switch is to either choke it off or touch the two black wires togeather.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

Look at the wiring below, it is not your engine but the starter circut should be close. Take the white wire that came from the ign switch and touch it to the red wire that went to the ign switch and the engine should spin over. If you do not have a switch in the system you will have to choke the engine off.
http://www.maxrules.com/graphics/omc/wiring/61_66_40HP.jpg

Evinrudeskitwin

Recruit

Okay Thanks that Diagram really helped. Do you know if I should connect the brown and the green wires together?

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

The brown and green wires are for the charging system. If you are just trying to get the engine to start I would leave them alone. Once you are satisfied with the running of the engine you can rewire it properly with an amp guage.

Evinrudeskitwin

Recruit

Can i just remove the starter solenoid? I think it's rusted through and no longer working anymore. I was just thinking that if connected the wires without using the solenoid it might fix everything. If i did that I would just attach the two red wires together and the two white wires together that come out of the solenoid?

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

You are going to have to use the solenoid, other wise use a pair of jumper cables and jump start the engine and eliminate the electrical system altogether.
If you just connected the two red wires off of the solenoid togeather the starter would stay engaged all the time.