02 Johnson 70hp EFI

BadBowTie3

Cadet
I have an 02 Johnson 70hp EFI, I bought recently. It had been sitting in storage for approximately 5 years. I hooked it up and tried to fire it up. The motor turned over but wouldn't run. I can't figure this one out. Thus far, I have replaced the water pump, spark plugs, fuel lines, low pressure and high pressure fuel filter, rebuilt the fuel vapor seperator, and checked the injectors. I have taken it to a Johnson certified mechanic, who told me it was the FVS. There are apparently no codes from the computer. No codes, I would assume the sensors are ok. I am lost on this one. I am thinking the fuel pressue is low. Any ideas?

Haffiman

Commander
Re: 02 Johnson 70hp EFI

Do you hear the electric fuel pump building pressure for a couple of seconds when ignition is 'ON' ?
Did the Certified Johnson dealer do a static ignition and injector test while hooked up?
Did you get a log-printout from the dealer that you may post?

BadBowTie3

Cadet
Re: 02 Johnson 70hp EFI

I do hear the pump running and I have 32 psi fuel pressure. I do not know about the tests. I will work on the print out. I do not have a flywheel cover, so I can't check the timing. I am working on either acquiring a cover or seeing if there is a landmark on the block I can use.