Broken Transom Bracket on 1971 100 hp Evinrude can I use a Johnson Bracket?

Larson71

Recruit
I have a 1971 Larson with a 100 Hp Evinrude. I blew it and slammed it into gear and snapped the aging transom mount bracket on the starboard side. A friend is offering me his 1969 Johnson 115 hp outboard and said "they are all about the same." I just am wondering if it is a waste of my time? Or is this guy telling me the truth and I can use the bracket of the Johnson to fix the Evinrude? Thanks for your help.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral
Re: Broken Transom Bracket on 1971 100 hp Evinrude can I use a Johnson Bracket?

Well, you're in luck. Both years of the motors described in your post, share the same part numbers for the transom brackets. Lucky to have a friend willing to help out. :)

Borgey401

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a 1971 Larson with a 100 Hp Evinrude. I blew it and slammed it into gear and snapped the aging transom mount bracket on the starboard side. A friend is offering me his 1969 Johnson 115 hp outboard and said "they are all about the same." I just am wondering if it is a waste of my time? Or is this guy telling me the truth and I can use the bracket of the Johnson to fix the Evinrude? Thanks for your help.

You better thank him! He just saved ya some good money!

Larson71

Recruit

Thank you for the help. It worked out and all it cost was some greasy hands and a 12er of beer! Thanx and see ya on the water!