evinrude 235 fuel pump diagram troublems

CORKY 2

Recruit
HAVING trouble with plumbing on my evinrude 1985 235 v6 i rebuilt dual pumps must have them plumbed up wrong need diagram thanks

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: evinrude 235 fuel pump diagram troublems

You did not state what year your engine is-must be an 83 and older with those dual pumps. The factory parts diagram may be helpful: epc.brp.com. The factory does not make fuel pump repair kits for those dual pumps. There must be a reason why they don't recommend rebuilding....

CORKY 2

Recruit

You did not state what year your engine is-must be an 83 and older with those dual pumps. The factory parts diagram may be helpful: epc.brp.com. The factory does not make fuel pump repair kits for those dual pumps. There must be a reason why they don't recommend rebuilding....

HI my engine is a 1985 vro 235 it has the vro removed has the rebuildable pumps with the badders in it i rebuilt them thought i hooked them up wrong the feed one in to the other,iguess trying to find diagram for it.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

Your dual pump setup should work just fine on that 85. The two pumps are not identical one is an upper, the other is the lower pump. Refer to the website in my prior post as to how they hook up. That illustration should give you all the info you need to get back on the water.