Shifter cable help!

Daddypleo

Seaman
Hello forum. I've been busy trying to replace my shifter cable on my Johnson 33. I went to the Marine shop here in town and they had the correct cable but the adapter end for the shifter handle is obsolete (dadgumit). So I looked in iboats shop and it's not available there either. Does anyone here have one that they're not using that I can buy off of them??? All I need is the little nylon bushing that mounts in the shifter handle and the brass bushing that the cable goes thru with the 2 set screws on both ends to hold the cable in with.

Thank you in advance!

Leo

wilde1j

Vice Admiral
Re: Shifter cable help!

You typically must reuse the old ends. They almost never come with new cables.

Daddypleo

Seaman

I don't have the old ends, thats why I want new ones.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

I gather you pitched them with the old cable. See the salvage yards under Top Secret File. Sea Way also has NOS parts for old motors.

Daddypleo

Seaman

I bought the boat without these cables. I thought that they were going to be readily available. I called the salvage yard and he says he might have one but I've got to bring my shifter there to get it matched up.

yorab

Ensign

Try Dan Gano at ganotech.com. He has a lot of odds-and-ends stuff going back pretty far and he's really easy to deal with.