175 hp evinrude thaught i had a dirty carb can a kinked fuel line

phone sails

Seaman
i had a mobile mechanic check my outboard out i thaught i had a dirty carb ,,but he said my carbs are good when we went for a ride she will idle fine and plane out with no problem but if i turn her off and try to turn it back on its like its not getting any fuel ,,he then was looking at my fuel line connection and noticed a kink i have since changed the lines ,so my question is could this have been the problem all along or should i pay the 4 hours of labor he wants even tho he said he really cant see anything other than that wrong with it , times are hard for all of us so before i line his pockets can someone tell what else i should be looking for ,, also does anyone know what twfoottitus is

BonairII

Commander
Re: 175 hp evinrude thaught i had a dirty carb can a kinked fuel line

If it's running well...leave it alone. Obviously, a kink in the fuel line will starve the motor and it won't run well. Unless you want to pay someone a $100 an hour for what equates to a "well visit", just go enjoy your boat.

phone sails

Seaman

If it's running well...leave it alone. Obviously, a kink in the fuel line will starve the motor and it won't run well. Unless you want to pay someone a $100 an hour for what equates to a "well visit", just go enjoy your boat.

that s what i wanted to hear ,,

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

Not sure if you changed any fuel lines under the cowling...Some of the lines are just plain bulk hose. The plain bulk hose will kink if you bend it too tightly. Those hoses which have special (tight) bends in them are heat formed at the factory so they won't kink and carry their own part number.