1993 Johsnon 115hp wont start

SWFLDC

Recruit
I have a 1993 Johnson 115hp that I need help with. I went to take the boat out over the weekend and it would not start, there was no spark on all 4 cylinders. I have not had any problems with the motor prior, I had it out a few weeks ago and it was fine. So I started poking around and was going through the wiring and found a few wires with cracked and peeling insulation at the wiring strip. I pulled a red wire and I thought I had turned the batteries off but only turned the switch to 1 instead of off. I hit the lead on the motor and a few sparks but nothing major, I then turned the batteries off and reconnected the wire. Now the starter wont turn and the power tilt / trim does not work. It?s like I don?t have the batteries connected. I checked and have power to the solenoid, power to the wiring strip,nothing will work. The batteries are fine, and I have all power on the boat. So I would really appreciate any suggestions of what or how to diagnose the problem.

hidef

Lieutenant
Re: 1993 Johsnon 115hp wont start

Did you check your fuse to make sure you didn't blow that?

SWFLDC

Recruit

Yes I checked the fuse panel on the boat all were fine. Is there a fused link on the motor that I am missing?

Will Bark

Lieutenant

Under the cowl most likely by the starter or close to it you will find a fuse connection that has the blown fuse. Hopefully that is it. Good luck