Ethanol Fuel and Hesitation?

chopperguy

Seaman
I recently started running ethanol fuel in my 2000 Johnson 130 V4. The Non-ethanol just got too expensive. I'm using startron additive to stop separation. The only difference I see is now it hesitates on acceleration. This usually only happens after I've been idling for a few minutes. Sometimes the hesitation is bad enough to stall it. Is anyone else having this problem and can it adjusted out?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Ethanol Fuel and Hesitation?

I really doubt that E10 has anything to do with your hesitation, chopperguy.

Look for sticking in the throttle/spark llinkage delaying either throttle opening or spark advance.

Good luck. :)

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Agree + 2 with the above. As long as you're using Startron the ethanol shouldn't have anything to do with it. Just keep your fuel tank full, less air.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Boobie, What makes you think Startron is not snake oil? Have you read the claims Startron makes? Two samples are pasted below. I simply do not believe the claims are possible. I also do not have "excess" water in my fuel. I have just the right amount(smile). I am with JB on this one...

"Star Tron? cleans the entire fuel delivery system, removing performance robbing gum and varnish deposits while modifying how gas and diesel burn, this results in more complete and uniform combustion and therefore better fuel economy"

"Star Tron breaks down this excess water and sludge to sub-micron size allowing it to be safely burned away during normal engine operation. Therefore Star Tron prevents phase separation and fuel gelling, eliminating ethanol fuel problems."