1989 Evinrude Junior 1.2

numbeer2

Recruit
Hello I recently bought a 1989 Evinrude Junior 1.2 hp and I noticed that I am leaking oil from the lower unit, but to be more specific it seems to be coming from the gearcase head bushing assembly so I would assume its the o-ring that is the problem. Just to be safe I ordered all new seals which I will install upon their arrival. However I can't seem to find any information on the type or quantity of oil that I need to replace for the gearcase. I don't have the owners manual so I was hoping someone here would know. I appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks

beckb721

Recruit
Re: 1989 Evinrude Junior 1.2

I have a 1987 Evinrude Junior 1.2 HP. Additionally, I have a .pdf copy of the service manual (includes your year). It is a large document (631 pages), so let me know what sections you would like and I can email them separately.

It is recommended to change the water pump every 100 hours, so consider ordering that.

To answer your question about the gear case capacity; as stated from the repair manual, the motor will hold 1.3 ounces.

I have disassembled the lower unit and replaced the water pump, replaced head gasket, exhaust gasket, and various other tasks on my motor. Let me know what help you need.

Brian