1989 Johnson 110 VRO electrical diagram

ryguy1101

Seaman
Anyone have an electrical diagram/schematic for a late 80's/early 90's generation V-4cross-flow w/VRO? Finished putting mine together based on pre-disassembly photos, but when I bought the engine it was missing a few parts (i.e. stator) and was partially disassembled already so I want to verify all my wiring before I try to run her. I have manuals for older models but all mine show the twin power-pack system while this engine has the single pack, so it's definitely a bit too different for me to "guess". If not a diagram, then perhaps a few photos showing junctions and grounds, especially of the plastic bus-bar on the starboard side?

ryguy1101

Seaman
Re: 1989 Johnson 110 VRO electrical diagram

Sure does. Thanks! Great resource. Figured there had to be something out there without buying the whole manual. Already see two things I gotta change.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

To be honest, because of copy write laws, there is not a lot on electrical schematics out there, you just got Lucky.

ryguy1101

Seaman

One question on that schematic or on the wiring itself...there is a single brown wire (which is part of the alarm system) rignt next to the main connector plug on the engine wire harness. The schmatic shows it running "to VRO", but the VRO pump unit itself on the engine already has a three wire male plug which includes its own brown wire (as well as a gray and black wire) and obviously mates to a matching female plug in the wire harness. The VRO pump itself actually seems more accurately represented by the symbol on the schematic labeled "to remote control". What gives? Anyone know where the one brown wire connects? Is there perhaps an oil level sensor in the reservoir itself that I need to hook up? Something else entirely?

ryguy1101

Seaman

Bump...

Still need a little help identifying the one lonely tan sensor wire near the main connector plug.

Please.