1972 Evinrude 65 lower unit solenoid assembly

ErikF

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello,

I've been working on getting my 65HP Evinrude back together and ready for the season.

All I have left to do is reassemble the solenoids in the lower unit and reconnect the shift wires. Stupidly when I did the dis-assembly last Fall I neglected to take pictures and now I'm unsure what order everything needs to drop back together. :redface:

Does anyone have a diagram of this assembly?

Thanks in advance! :)

Erik

ErikF

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1972 Evinrude 65 lower unit solenoid assembly

Hello Again,

I've done some searching of the forums and have found some pictures that pretty well explained how everything goes together. Only bit I'm still unsure of is the "spring washer" I'm thinking that it's installed above the solenoid under the coverplate, is this correct?

Also if someone can recommend where to buy a good service manual for this engine I would greatly appreciate it. Right now I'm fighting my way through problems with a generic manual and it's missing quite a bit of info.

Thanks!

Erik

ErikF

Petty Officer 1st Class

I found the information I was looking for.

If it would be of help to anyone I found a parts diagram for the lower unit I could post in this thread if there's interest.

-Cheers

iggyw1

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hi,

I realize that this is an old post, however, if you can send that parts diagram my way, I can sure use it now. I just read this post today for the frist time 9-05-12. Thanks! IGGY iggsterw1@yahoo.com