1971 evinrude selectric wiring diagram.

StarFox

Cadet
Edit2: Ok apparently there is a small difference between the 50hp 2 cylinder and the 60hp 3 cylinder. The 50hp diagram helped but it would still be nice to have one for a 60hp, if not does anyone know if and where a zanier (sp?) diode could be found on the 60hp.
I am looking for a full wiring diagram of a 60hp 1971 selectric. I have one out of an omc book but it is overly simplified and does not have the need information. I also need a wiring diagram for the control. If anyone has one and would email me a copy I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks
white_guy_94@yahoo.com
EDIT: Also if anyone has a picture of their motor with the cover off of the wiring terminals on the right side and or a picture of the control box. If not another piece of information we could use is the size of the blocking diode in the control box. Again Thanks.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1971 evinrude selectric wiring diagram.

If you have the OMC diagram, you have the best one. What are you trying to figure out?

StarFox

Cadet

(It is out of an omc book but shows very little) We are trying to check the wiring to make sure everything is connected right, we have had various electrical problems with the motor and need a fully detailed diagram like you might see in a shop manuel.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

I don't know of anyplace on line that has the manauls on line, copyrite laws. Might be your best bet is to get the factory manual.

StarFox

Cadet

I was afraid of. Well if anyone has a diagram that doesnt have a copy right or is no longer under copy (by some rare chance) It would still be appreciated. Thanks
EDIT: Also if anyone has a picture of their motor with the cover off of the wiring terminals on the right side and or a picture of the control box. If not another piece of information we could use is the size of the blocking diode in the control box. Again Thanks.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Sent you an email w/ a 1971 50 hp schematic. It may be pretty close.

StarFox

Cadet

They appear to be wired pretty much the same based on comparing my diagram and yours. But yours definitely has more detail and looks like it should help us.
Thank You

StarFox

Cadet

Ok apparently there is a small difference between the 50hp 2 cylinder and the 60hp 3 cylinder. The 50hp diagram helped but it would still be nice to have one for a 60hp, if not does anyone know if and where a zanier (sp?) diode could be found on the 60hp. Thanks

STARCRAFT16SS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sent you two e-mails...let me know if any of it helped....:D

STARCRAFT16SS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hmmm... tried to do a search...could the diode be a Zener diode????:confused:

StarFox

Cadet

No the one I am talking about works like a voltage regulator and will probably be located on the motor itself.

StarFox

Cadet

Would you happen to know what it is exactly that #45 does?

StarFox

Cadet

sorry for those of you who dont know what part 45 is, its a diode on the motor with 3 wires coming out of it.