water pump replacement on 9.9 j10rena johnson

salmonite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i replaced my water pump on my johnson for the first time... got her hooked up and boom water! yeah i did it correct! wait the water is really not shooting out with velocity like my other outboards. It just kind of pours out.... Did i do something wrong you think or something else a issue? could i have a clogged intake or something

oldcatamount

Lieutenant Commander
Re: water pump replacement on 9.9 j10rena johnson

There may be something leaking in there. When you replaced the impeller, did you also replace the rubber grommet on the housing and was the copper feed tube fully engaged with the grommet when you re-installed the lower unit?

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

If you are talking about the flow out of the tell-tale, use a piece of weed wacker line and see if the tube is restricted. You could also pull the tube at the block and check the flow there.

salmonite

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If you are talking about the flow out of the tell-tale, use a piece of weed wacker line and see if the tube is restricted. You could also pull the tube at the block and check the flow there.

yep did that too...

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

The tell-tale is first in line from the water pump. If you had a strong stream and then it slowed down I would wounder if something in the pump is wackey.