2000 9.9 Johnson Stalling At Low Idle

walleye09

Recruit
Hello All,

Have a 2000 9.9 johnson 2 stroke. Did spring maintenance usual carb cleaning etc. Now she wont idle at low speed for trolling keeps stalling. Have to choke to get it started then keep throttle up to keep it going. HAve adjusted idle screw but at low speed keeps stalling. Were do i find the air adjust screw on that carb so i can try adjusting that along with idle screw. If there is something else to look at please let me know pain fishing with the kids. Thanks in advance and great site looking forward to surfin site.

:confused:

levi_tsk

Ensign
Re: 2000 9.9 Johnson Stalling At Low Idle

yeah post the solution for the next guy uh?

salmonite

Petty Officer 2nd Class

having same issue... post up!

walleye09

Recruit

Sorry gang, cleaned carb again but this time i never used water muffs with hose to make final adjustments used barrel of water instead. Our local mechanic said the pressure form hose may differ adjustment from being in the lake not sure any truth to this but just for the heck of it I put muffs on after all adjustments made in barrell and the motor ran at a way higher idle. Something to consider maybe?????

clarkgris

Recruit

I have a 2007, 9.9, Johnson, 2 stoke and am having stalling problems after 5- 10 minutes of running. I have a new fuel tank and fuel, cleaned jets in carbeurator, new plugs, checked ground wires. Compression is fine. Stalls at high speed also.Just does a slow fade out stall, no sputtering? Please help me?