1988 50 hp Evinrude ignition switch wiring and kill switch

frankt75

Recruit
I have a 1988 50 hp Evinrude with remote start, serial number E50BELCCS. The wires between the ignition switch and the red connector were damaged so a purchased a used switch and wiring. I haven't been able to figure out which wire goes to which terminal on the ignition switch. The terminals are labelled S, C, A, M, B and M. The wire colors for both the original and replacement cables are black, red / yellow stripe, brown, purple, gray, black / yellow stripe, purple / white stripe and red. I got messed up during the switch over and lost track of the wire colors. Some of the old insulation was in bad shape.

Can you tell me which wire goes to which terminal?

Also, can you tell me the correct wiring path for the kill switch?

frankt75

Recruit
Re: 1988 50 hp Evinrude ignition switch wiring and kill switch

I got ahold of a Clymer's manual for the engine. It has a wiring diagram for the engine. It also has a trouble shooting section that identifies which terminal combinations have continuity when the key is off, run and start. After looking at these and the wires that I have, I concluded the following:
Black - ground
Red / yellow stripe - non-fused side of starter solenoid
Tan - overheating alarm
Gray - tachometer
Black / yellow -power pack then to ignition coils
Purple / white - primer solenoid
Red / purple - fused side of starter solenoid
Purple - tachometer

Based on your information that I found in another post that S = starter, C = choke or primer, A = ignition and B = battery, I conclude the following:

S- red / yellow
C - purple / white
A - black
M (terminal connection) - ?
B - red /purple
M (post connection) - ?

Two connectors on the kill switch - ?
Neutral start switch - wired with the red / yellow wires
Since my boat doesn't have a tach, the gray wire and purple wire aren't used.

Can you give me some help with the three ? marks