1997 Evinrude 200hp Vindicator no fuel pressure after low oil warning light on

dturnersr

Cadet
I have a 200 Vindicator built 5/97 model E200STLECE. I have never had any problems other than the typical hard to start cold. A week ago when finishing up fishing my low oil resivoir light came on. I refilled the tank to full no more light, but since then I have to pump the fuel bulb 4-5 times to start. It will not power up to go on plane, and will die after two minutes at 1200 rpm or so light throttle is applied. I pulled the fuel lines, checked, the filter (ok), no trash, it appears the electric fuel pump may be bad or is not getting input to activate. I pulled the pump and inspected the pump and diaphram both appear good. I can pump the bulb 4-5 times it will start right up and idle for two minutes before shutting off.

Any help would be appreciated. Or a link to troubleshooting manual.

Thanks.

daselbee

Commander
Re: 1997 Evinrude 200hp Vindicator no fuel pressure after low oil warning light on

It is not an electric pump. It is driven by pulses from #6 cylinder crankcase. The electronics are strictly for the "no oil" warning system. Not the low oil warning. Two separate warnings/functions.
Unsure why the pump went out at the same time as a low oil warning, but they are unrelated. You can try, as an experiment, pumping the primer bulb continuously. You are then acting as a manual fuel pump. If it stays running when pumping the bulb, new OMS pump is in your future. Easy to fix, but the pump is expensive.

Check that the pulse line is not leaking (cracked), or obstructed (pinched) before going for the pump, tho. Unlikely it is the pulse line, in my opinion.

You will need this:

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/omc/O-5007420.html