96 omc johnson 35hp 3 cylinder, primer solenoid bleeder routing

tdar66

Recruit
Hi guys, anyone have a manual for this engine, I need to replace all the bleeder lines from the primer solenoid to the cylinders, and haven't been able to find any info anywhere. A pic would be great.
Cheers!

hidef

Lieutenant
Re: 96 omc johnson 35hp 3 cylinder, primer solenoid bleeder routing

I beleive you are looking for item 52 HOSE, Primer solenoid to intake, 11 1/2 in. 292mm It looks like is somewhere around 1/8 inner diameter.

http://www.seawaymarine.com/pages/O...ude/E35QLEDC_1996/INTAKE_MANIFOLD/25653/50750

There is not much info in the service manual on it. You can call Seaway they specalize in NLA parts which for these triples there are a pile of them unfortunately.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Try Shop.Evinrude.com for part#s. Repace one line at a time and you should be okay. There's no diagrams in the service manuals where those lines go. If you still got the oiling system on it, get rid of it and mix your oil and gas 50:1.

tdar66

Recruit

Try Shop.Evinrude.com for part#s. Repace one line at a time and you should be okay. There's no diagrams in the service manuals where those lines go. If you still got the oiling system on it, get rid of it and mix your oil and gas 50:1.

Unfortunately, all the lines have melted away from the engine overheating, already mixing fuel/oil...thanks.

tdar66

Recruit

ok thanks...that's a start. I haven't been able to find any diagrams through local dealers. unfortunately, all originals have melted away, so don't have much to go on.

hidef

Lieutenant

There are only two primer lines one at the top and one at the bottom of the intake manifold The bottom ones is a straight shot from the primer to the manifold the top one goes the same way and then turns upward at the manifold. If you have the OMC service manual look at page 4-45. You will see the top hose in the picture the bottom one is not visiable. The top one does wrap around the recirc hose to keep it out of the way.

tdar66

Recruit

There are only two primer lines one at the top and one at the bottom of the intake manifold The bottom ones is a straight shot from the primer to the manifold the top one goes the same way and then turns upward at the manifold. If you have the OMC service manual look at page 4-45. You will see the top hose in the picture the bottom one is not visiable. The top one does wrap around the recirc hose to keep it out of the way.

First of all, just want to say thanks for the help!
So, here's what I'm up against...there are two brass nipples, for each cylinder(to lubricate the bearrings), six in total, three straight, three 90 deg bend. if you are looking at the engine as it sits in the water, cylinders are horizontal. The one on the bottom of the cylinder wall bottom (for each cylinder)is straight, the top(for each cylinder) is 90deg bend(I believe it is a check valve). I did find some evidance of a tee in the old melted lines....anyway, based on what you are telling me, the first line comes from the bottom of the manifold, to the primer, the top line, must go to one of the three nipples, or tee off to all three, then the other three must all go ????
I haven't been able to find a manual for this engine...but one would think the routing of bleeder lines must be fairly standard for any omc of the era??? But to no avail....
Any further advice would be awesome, and thanks again!

hidef

Lieutenant

Go to Marine Engine they have the owners manual and the OMC service manuals in stock. I ordered my manuals from them.

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/parts.php#manuals.

It sounds like you are also missing the recirc hoses. The primer hoses are forward of those and they are smaller than the recircs I think. Easy to identify because where you would think there is one for the middle cylinder it is a schrader valve. The valve and the two primer fittings are in straight line forward of the recircs. Hope this helps.

wifisher

Chief Petty Officer

Can you post a pic of the lines? (where they should be) I have a '99 35 triple. If you can get a pic up of what your lines look like, I can see if mine is the same and get a pic for you.