1990 Evinrude 150 oil tank wires?Where to they go?

kentuckynet

Cadet
At the throttle/gear shift, there was the trim wires and another pair of wires that were seperate from the trim wires? They come out of the throttle box and look somewhat like a lamp or extension cord type of wire...i do not know where they go?
I also dont know where the 2 wires go that come out of the oil tank resevior?
I assume these run the pump if the oil tank has one or its a oil level indicator if you have the gage???Maybe?

Could these connect to each other?

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1990 Evinrude 150 oil tank wires?Where to they go?

Wires leading "from" oil tank..... 1 wire has a bolt/screw type terminal which connects to any powerhead ground. The other wire has a knife type connector that connects to a TAN wire that is protruding from the engine side of the engine wiring harness on the engine's side of the RED plug.

The other control box wires.... we would need to know exactly what/where the other end of the those wires are attached to.

kentuckynet

Cadet

thanks, neither of the 2 wires that com eout of the oil tank have any connectors on them at all! Nor do i see ends where they were cut off at the motor, how will i know which one is which since they do not have ends?

As for the other 2 wires that com eout of the control arm, there are 2 seperate groups of wires that come out of the control arm, the trim wires are one seperate group and then these 2 that im asking about,,,,,i would assume they are standard on every 150 hp evinrude 1990 model so i was hoping someone new what they hooked to? One has a yellow marking type on the end and has a connector that looks like it was mad to slip under a gage screw or somehting?

thanks for your help thus far...

kentuky

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

The wires that look like household extension cord wires are for the trim sender under the swivel bracket. They send a signal to the trim gauge on the dash regarding the position of the engine.

Last edited:

kentuckynet

Cadet

Thank you.....i would believe you are correct as that gage was not working.

What about hooking up the oil tank wires?????????
How will i know which one goes where without the ends? They are both black in color.

Thanks alot to eveyone that has been helping me