1966 evinrude starflite 100 hp comlete motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicman31

Recruit
Hi I recently aquired this motor from a friend of the family. According to him it was last running in 2008. I don't have the time or the knowledge to see if I can get it fired up much less a boat to put it on. It seems to bee in very good shape for its age and was wondering if there is much of a market for these older motors complete or for parts. Anyone know what these are worth.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral
Re: 1966 evinrude starflite 100 hp comlete motor

They're worth what somepne wants to pay for it. It varies a lot by area. The old big ones (which way a ton as you have found out!) dont have a huge resale value and are gas hogs. Coincidently, I just picked up the service manual for that engine today! It's an OMC manual that covers all '66 models. But it's way to big to scan, but if you have a specific page or item you want I can do that for you. Oh, and welcome to the forum.

vicman31

Recruit
Re: 1966 evinrude starflite 100 hp comlete motor

Yes it does weight a ton. Thanks for the info. I've been doing some research online maybe parting it out would be the way to go see a lot of people on CL looking for parts and some going on ebay.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
I had one years ago. Worst engine ever. Noisy, poor pickup, heavy, poor prop selection, no power trim. So many improvements when they went to the crossflow with mechanical shift lower units 7 years later.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Closed
@buddyearl

Please dont post to inactive topics. Vic joined 5yrs ago, posted this topic, signed on 1 last time the next day to make his reply above and hasnt been back since.

And FYI there is no buying and selling in the open forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.