2007 Evinrude e-tec 250 with 800 hours

jwellcraft

Petty Officer 1st Class
I found this 07 etec 250 and has around 800 hours so is this too much hours for the year and what would be the checks I need to do before deciding if I want to buy it or not and is it still worth $7,000. The owner uses it on his dive boat and said thats why the hours are up there but he hasn't put it on the computer for a while so that was his guess but motor is still on the boat and runs everyday. What are your suggestions guys? I here some really good things about these and some bad things but just let me know what I should look out for.

Re: 2007 Evinrude e-tec 250 with 800 hours

Hours would not scare me but the service and abuse would. Ask to take it into a BRP dealership and have them print out all rpm ranges. The technician can put it in PDF format, that would tell you all of the rpm ranges run at, overev control, whether set for XD50, XD100 etc. Make sure that updates have been applied to EMM...

jwellcraft

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Jeffersondodson561 I will defiantely have it checked by the dealership to see how it was ran and so forth. What about the cost $7,000...Is it worth it? He said he would take any reasonable offer.

Thanks Jeffersondodson561 I will defiantely have it checked by the dealership to see how it was ran and so forth. What about the cost $7,000...Is it worth it? He said he would take any reasonable offer.

No it's just Jeff, that is just the user name I use for internet stuff, 561 because I live in WPB Florida.

jwellcraft

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok cool, thanks Jeff.

Finally put the computer on this motor and turns out the EMM hours are only 589, no hard faults but has 6 stored faults like low oil, TPS out of idle range, manifold pressure something and a couple overheats seems like or just saying a particular head temp was above normal. The owner has advised that the EMM was changed sometime ago so I guess the hours just started over (or not) from then which would make the motor hours different.

jwellcraft

Petty Officer 1st Class

Finally put the computer on this motor and turns out the EMM hours are only 589, no hard faults but has 6 stored faults like low oil, TPS out of idle range, manifold pressure something and a couple overheats seems like or just saying a particular head temp was above normal. The owner has advised that the EMM was changed sometime ago so I guess the hours just started over (or not) from then which would make the motor hours different.

Actually this was the EMM hours I read, the engine hours are 1115 so is this very bad for an 07 250 E-tec which is used on a dive boat?